
My dad taught me this technique. It’s a combination of flinging your arms up (the international sign for “I give up!”) and putting your head in your shirt like an ostrich. It’s an attempt to 1) relieve all that stress by giving up and 2) escape from the scary world. It is particularly useful when you don’t have a place to curl up in a fetal position.
I can’t utilize this procedure now because everyone says that if you don’t do well your first year of law school, you might as well flip burgers. No pressure. Everyone asks what law school is like. My answer is usually that I love it, but it’s really competitive. Not cutthroat, but we are graded on a curve so you have to outdo all the other people in your classes. If I am going to succeed, I will need your help. If I fail, see you at McDonalds.
2 comments:
briant, flipping burgers is for philosophy majors. you might be able to get a great job as a fast food manager, though. good luck!
Hey Briant,
Whenever I start thinking like that I direct my attention to upbeat websites. It's good to know that you're keeping your options open. Just remember there are lots of honorable careers outside of lawyering and astronauting.
Post a Comment